Saturday, January 25, 2014

Join Me- Five Penguins


This week I decided to do what I did last week, make mostly one kind of animal all week. Last week I did fish, this week I decided to make penguins. I have made several tiny penguins before, like Christmas ornament size. I decided to try something new. Huge. Squeezable, loveable and huggle. I double checked with that first one with the shoulder bag ;). All of my animals have titles of sorts. The first one is "Huge and chubby", and also "bed-worthy". Meaning he is perfect for cuddling with while you try to sleep. 

I wanted to share part of my process with you. I decided to make all of the shapes at once, I do not always do that. Last night I had a goal to stuff all of the penguins before I went to bed. Originally that meant, "stuffed, sewed closed and all sewn together, all done", but I was tired and decided to translate it differently. "All body pieces are full of the right amount of cotton and it is spread around in the right way, they just need to be sewn shut and so on". So I stuffed them, then safety pinned all of the correct pieces to the body. 

"Huge and Chubby" above looked like he needed something, so I added the bow, he still needed something, so I made the bag. I still think he 'needs something', but I won't add anymore, it probably could have been solved by giving him only a tophat. Oh well :). 

I really like how all of these are turning out. It was fun to experiment with doing like 10X(+) the original size. Now rather than decoration they can be friends and toys. -Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment